Some concepts are easy to understand. You put money into a vending machine, push a button, and a bag of chips pops out. Simple. Other concepts are harder to understand. For instance, what is Road Usage Charging, how does it work, and why do we need it anyway?
You are invited to participate in a contest to explain to the public, clearly and effectively, the rationale for and the benefits of (1) road usage charging or (2) tolling. The best entries in this contest will become FINALISTS in our “Transportation Idol” Contest.
If selected as one of the FINALISTS in our “Transportation Idol” contest, you will show your video or perform your skit, song, poetry, dramatic reading, commercial jingle, circus act, or other eligible performance LIVE on stage at IBTTA’s Transportation Finance and Road Usage Charging Conference on Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. at The Nines Hotel in Portland, Oregon.
1. Your contest submission must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, April 3, 2015.
2. Each contest entry (submission) must include a video of a skit, song, poetry reading, dramatic reading, commercial jingle, circus act, speech, business presentation or other eligible performance (as determined by the judges) that explains to the public, clearly and effectively, the rationale for and the benefits of (1) road usage charging or (2) tolling. Related questions that your video might address are: What is your elevator speech to remove the skepticism about Road Usage Charging? How can you make road usage charging or tolling irresistible to the public?
3. You must submit your entry in a video format that can easily be opened and viewed on a personal computer.
4. Submissions must be less than 4 minutes in length.
5. You must send your video directly to this email address firstname.lastname@example.org or send a link to the video on YouTube or a similar platform.
6. A panel of judges will evaluate contest entries based on originality, clarity, innovation, a sense of whimsy, and related criteria. The decision of judges is final.
7. If your video is selected as a FINALIST, it will be shown in Portland at the IBTTA conference and will be evaluated by a panel of judges and the audience. In addition, you may be given the opportunity to perform your skit, song, jingle (if applicable) LIVE on stage.
8. Your submission must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, April 3, 2015.
For more information, please contact:
Patrick D. Jones
Executive Director and CEO
International Bridge, Tunnel and Turnpike Association